Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A New Type of Blog

You may be wondering what this title means exactly!! Well I have decided to start blogging about things that are dealt with in our lives everyday. I am steering away from my personal blogging b/c I have another blog that is about my family only! My goal here is to create a blog that will share ideas about things that are beneficial to me and may be to you too! I hope you will help me out by sharing any type of idea, recipe, favorite book, movie, product, organizing, etc., --basically things that will be of use to people. Remember it's just "A little of Bit of This 'n That' and anything goes!!
So here goes my first post!!
Have you ever had ripe bananas that you don't know what to do with except toss them??? Try this recipe next time this situation occurs! It's so Yummy and easy too!!
Banana Snack-Cake - from Taste of Home (with my own tweaks)!!
crushed pecans
1/4c. brown sugar
2/3c. butter, softened
1-1/2c. sugar
2 eggs
3/4 tsp. rum extract
2 c. SR flour
3 mashed ripe bananas
1 c. applesauce
Mix first 2 ingredients together, set aside. Cream butter, sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each one. Beat in extract. Add flour, bananas, and applesauce to the mixture. Spread in a 9x13 (or smaller) pan. Sprinkle pecan mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 35 - 40 min. or until center comes out clean. Enjoy!!
Please comment or share any thing with me. I will post it so others can use it too! Let this be a fun tool that we can all share!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. Very cute. Maybe you can tell them about your curtains in the bedroom.

Anonymous said...

This sounds very good I am going to have to try it....